Java : What is it?
Java is a programming language expressly designed for use in the distributed environment of the Internet. It was designed to have the "look and feel" of the C++ language, but it is simpler to use than C++ and enforces an object-oriented programming model. Java can be used to create complete applications that may run on a single computer or be distributed among servers and clients in a network. It can also be used to build a small application module or applet for use as part of a Web page. Applets make it possible for a Web page user to interact with the page.
Java : What it does?
The general-purpose, high-level Java programming language is a powerful software platform. Every full implementation of the Java platform gives you the following features: Development Tools: The development tools provide everything you'll need for compiling, running, monitoring, debugging, and documenting your applications. As a new developer, the main tools you'll be using are the javac compiler, the java launcher, and the javadoc documentation tool. Application Programming Interface (API): The API provides the core functionality of the Java programming language. It offers a wide array of useful classes ready for use in your own applications. Deployment Technologies: The JDK software provides standard mechanisms such as the Java Web Start software and Java Plug-In software for deploying your applications to end users. User Interface Toolkits: The Swing and Java 2D toolkits make it possible to create sophisticated Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs). Integration Libraries: Integration libraries such as the Java IDL API, JDBCTM API, Java Naming and Directory InterfaceTM ("J.N.D.I.") API, Java RMI, and Java Remote Method Invocation over Internet Inter-ORB Protocol Technology (Java RMI-IIOP Technology) enable database access and manipulation of remote objects.
Why Java ?
Java has been tested, refined, extended, and proven by a dedicated community. And numbering more than 6.5 million developers, it's the largest and most active on the planet. With its versatilty, efficiency, and portability, Java has become invaluable to developers by enabling them to:
• Write software on one platform and run it on virtually any other platform
• Create programs to run within a Web browser and Web services
• Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
• Combine applications or services using the Java language to create highly customized applications or services
• Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, low-cost consumer products, and practically any other device with a digital heartbeat
What You Should Know?
• Person with a basic knowledge of OOPs can opt for Java.
• Basic knowledge of RDBMS (Relational Database Management System).
Click To download Java Course Curriculum