When somebody hears of 3rd-party applications, he/she may think of them as an illegal type of tool. On the contrary, it’s not the case since utilizing the 3rd-party tool isn’t illegal. The 3rd-party tools are the ones that are created by the developers other than the producer of your device or its OS. Now, do you desire to download 3rd-party tools on the Smart Samsung television but do not acquaint with how to install 3rd party apps on Samsung smart TV? Well, keep reading through this page and get the question answered in the easiest manner.
As much as you’ve known how to download programs from the Play Store in the Samsung television, it’ll be helpful for you to acquaint and comprehend how to get the 3rd-party programs as well. Most significantly, for attaining the successful download of the 3rd-party tools in the Smart Samsung television, you’ll need to have a PC and a storage device such as an SD card, Flash Drive, or Pen Drive, among others.
Here’s How To Install 3rd Party Apps On Samsung Smart TV:
Furthermore, you have to make sure that you connect the PC and the television to the same wireless. Now, as you’re going to download the 3rd-party tools, you first have to permit the installation from the unknown sources by simply turning on the Unknown Sources on the Samsung Smart television. For achieving so, you’ll have to follow these steps:
Permitting Installation From The Unknown Sources:
Before beginning to download and install the 3rd party tools on the Samsung Smart television, you have to allow the installation first.
- On the Samsung Smart television, navigate to Settings > the Personal tab.
- Click on Security > search for the Unknown Sources option and set it to Enabled.
Enable The Developer Mode:
Now, you’ll have to enable the Developer Mode on the Samsung Smart television. Turning it on will permit you to have complete access to all types of helpful tweaks and tools in the Smart television. Downloading such tools is one of the functionalities you can get with this developer mode. Therefore, be certain to follow these steps for enabling it:
- Turn on the Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to settings > choose Smart Hub > choose the Apps section.
- You’ll be asked to enter the pin after clicking on the tools panel. With the remote, enter the password as a pin. It’s the default code for all the Smart Samsung televisions.
- Now the window with the configuration of Developer mode will emerge. Switch the Developer Mode on.
- Next, enter your PC’s IP address that you desire to connect to the television > click OK. (You can locate the IP address of the PC from MS support)
- You can then restart the television and be good to go.
Now that the needs are done, you can move ahead and download the 3rd-party tools on Smart television. There’re internal and external methods in which you can download the programs. It involves the usage of the command prompt on the PC or uses the external devices.
Download The 3rd-Party Programs Utilizing External Storage Devices
It can involve the procedure of side-loading tools from the trusted source accessible on the internet. It’s done utilizing the web browser of the PC where the tool will be downloaded into the PC. Now by using the storage devices such as the flash drive, you can copy your file from the PC and move it to the Samsung Smart television. Hence, for achieving this, you‘ll need to follow the given instructions:
- Navigate to the web browser on the PC or Laptop.
- From the trusted sources, locate the .apk file for the tool that you desire to install into the Samsung Smart television > download it.
- Insert your Flash Drive into the computer or laptop and copy any file into it.
- After copying that file, remove the flash drive from your PC and plug it into the television.
- Open your flash drive and after locating the .apk file, choose it and click Install.
- Once the installation is finished, you can now easily open and enjoy the tool that you’ve just installed on the Samsung Smart television.
Utilize The Command Prompt On A Computer:
- Navigate to the Samsung Smart television Settings.
- Click on Network > choose Information.
- Under this IP Address section, simply copy your Smart television’s IP address.
- Open the Windows 10 system > open the Command Prompt.
- Enter‘ adb connect (the TV’s IP Address)
- Click on install D\install.apk.
- Once the procedure is completed, enter adb disconnect (the television’s IP Address) for disconnecting the Smart TV from the PC.
Bonus: Configure ADB On Windows
If you’re having issues in configuring ADB on your Windows, follow these instructions. Make certain that you’re signed in as admin.
- Download the best ADB Installation for the Windows system.
- Unzip all its contents to the accessible location (preferred in the Drive or on Desktop).
- Next, open the CMD (press Win + S > enter cmd > right-click on the matching option > choose Run as admin).
- Now you’ve to cd to that location where you have already extracted the .zip file. Utilize the dir command to check which folders are actually listed on the current location in your CMD.
- Now, when you enter adb as the command runs it, it’ll easily be accessible.
Hopefully, you will find this how to install 3rd party apps on Samsung smart TV guide helpful!